Unlocking the Documents
Classes will be held
February 21, 28
March 7, 14, 21
10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Join us for this 5-week Lenten study of the documents of Vatican II. We will begin with an overview, and each of the next four weeks, we will look at the four constitutions from the Council. This will not be a study so much as it will be an introduction to each of the four documents. We will work as a group to look at the key points in each document and how to apply them to our lives as Catholics
In this “Year of Faith” Bishop Farrell has asked us to follow the lead of our Holy Father in Rome, who, in his homily for the opening Mass for the Year of Faith, reminded us to study the texts of the Council documents themselves. He said that the sixteen documents represent both “the letter” and the “authentic spirit” of the Council. There is a nomimal fee for this course of $10.00 per person. We will provide you with a tabbed binder of the documents.
* February 21 – What are the different types of Vatican documents? How do they differ in authority? Why do they differ in authority? Some examples will be given.
* February 28 – Lumen Gentium – on the Church
* March 7 – Guadium et Spes – on the Church in the Modern World
* March 14 – Sacrosanctum Concilium – on the Liturgy
* March 21 – Dei Verbum – on Divine Revelation
YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS IN ORDER TO ATTEND.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM AND RETURN IT TO THE PARISH OFFICE
BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15.
Presented through the Adult Faith Formation Office of Mary Immaculate Parish.
Questions? Call Beth Crouch at 972-243-7104 ext. 46